In this lesson, students will learn about Antigone, an ancient Greek play by Sophocles. Then they will begin reading, annotating, and discussing the opening of the play.
- Materials to create the Characters in Antigone class chart
- Read the lesson and student content.
- Anticipate student difficulties and identify the differentiation options you will choose for working with your students.
- As you begin reading Antigone, determine which students may need support such as Guided Reading.
- Help students locate copies of the Independent Reading texts if necessary.