- Primary sources provide firsthand evidence and perspectives of historical events by the person writing them. Students will read various types of correspondence (letters, diaries, and postcards) and analyze their content. Students will then take on the role of a citizen and write a letter as if they were part of a major event of the Civil War.
- Communication, English Language Arts, Composition and Rhetoric, Language, Grammar and Vocabulary, History, U.S. History
- Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Lynn Ann Wiscount, Vince Mariner, Erin Halovanic
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.