- Students learn how newspapers got started, what components are necessary for creating a good newspaper, and what is included in the basic structure of a news article. They will examine historical newspapers from several eras and then compare them to today's newspapers. Students will then take on the role of a journalist and write a news article about a hot topic or current event.
- Business and Communication, Journalism, English Language Arts, Language, Grammar and Vocabulary, Reading Informational Text, History, Life Science, Physical Science
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary
- Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Lynn Ann Wiscount, Vince Mariner, Erin Halovanic
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.