- This module provides a overview of the power of teaching with a trauma-informed lens. The content was created by the faculty members at the following institutions: Chicago State University, Olive-Harvey Community College, South Subrurban College and Prairie State College. The module was designed to be added to the child development course or other introdcutory educationals course that are taken by education majors. The module was developed by Dr. Ty Jiles, Chicago State University, Professor Mario Wright Olive Harvey, Dr. Donna Walker, South Suburban Collge and Dr. LaTia Collins, Prairie State College. The module is designed to enhance the instructional skills and confidence for pre-service teachers and teacher candidates at minority-serving institutions. The module offers a multicultural narrative as it relates to trauma-informed teaching practices and includes the following: 1) Engaging all students in the learning process, 2) Classroom environment, 3) Planning instruction and learning design for all students, 4) Developing as a professional.
- Education, Early Childhood Development
- Community College / Lower Division, College / Upper Division
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Case Study, Textbook
- Ty Jiles
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Interactive, Video
No evaluations yet.