- Lang101 Workbook offers 460 commented exercises and activities, designed for absolute beginners to the study of language or for anyone curious about (why) language matters. It features empirical observation of 20 typologically distinct languages, including English and other languages you’re familiar with. As a companion tool to our textbook The Language of Language, Part 1 of the workbook contains 360 exercises and activities corresponding to the textbook's 12 chapters (30 per chapter), and 100 synthesising cross-chapter exercises. Part 2 contains commented answers to all exercises. Topics include the nature of scientific investigation; the structure of words, sounds and sentences; typical vs. disordered uses of language; child language, language learning and language play, as well as politeness, persuasion and humour.
- Languages, Linguistics
- High School, Community College / Lower Division, Adult Education
- Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Full Course, Homework/Assignment, Module, Unit of Study
- Madalena Cruz-Ferreira, Sunita Abraham
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.