Return to the articles you read for homework, “Don’t Alter Models’ Bodies” and “Is Photoshop Destroying America’s Body Image?”
- Share your annotations and ideas about the two pieces about altering photographs with a partner.
- Generate questions you both have about the article, and be prepared to share them and your notes with the whole class.
Share any questions you have about the articles and your annotations with the whole class. Then discuss the following questions.
- Is the manipulation of photographs in magazines cheating?
- Are teenage girls more susceptible to self-image issues than boys? Are photographs of males in magazines sometimes manipulated?
- Is it cheating to Photoshop a profile picture on a Facebook page?
- Is an actor cheating when she or he sends out altered headshots?