- Lecture slides by Dr. Jennifer Infanti (Norwegian University of Science and Technology) and recommended related/supporting readings for an introductory course in global health. This is one of the first lectures in the course, covering some of the foundations of the field of research and practice we call global health. It briefly introduces the history and development of global health, key concepts and definitions of global health, and provides an overview of the breadth of theoretical models that can be applied to make sense of various global health challenges. By the end of the lecture, students should have: 1) Acquired a basic understanding of the defining features of global health. 2) Gained an awareness of the diversity of theoretical approaches that can be used to approach and understand global health problems
- Health, Medicine and Nursing
- Upper Primary, Community College / Lower Division, College / Upper Division, Graduate / Professional, Career / Technical, Adult Education
- Material Type:
- Lecture Notes, Lesson, Reading
- Jennifer Infanti
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.