- In this lesson, students will hone their investigative skills and form an opinion based on the credible evidence that they uncover. After learning about the decision to deem Pluto a "dwarf planet," students will have time for individual investigation. After using their background knowledge to choose credible sources, they will analyze the information they gather to form their own opinion, which they will support in a video response to a prompt on Flipgrid.
- Reading Informational Text, Speaking and Listening, Astronomy
- Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Amanda Free
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
No evaluations yet.