- This series of lessons provides an overview of what is a postage stamp and its history within Canada. Students then learn about the life and art of the Alberta artist Annora Brown. Nearly 200 of her wildflower paintings are held by the Glenbow Museum in Calgary.Once students know more about stamps and the art of Annora Brown, they may create their own postage stamps. Secondly, they learn about writing persuasive letters and are asked to write to the Canada Post Office requesting a series of stamps based on the wildflower paintings of Annora Brown.
- Arts and Humanities, Art History, Graphic Arts, Visual Arts
- Upper Primary, Middle School
- Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Connie Blomgren
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.