- In this problem-based learning module, students will use their knowledge of the ancient Roman Empire and will work to analyze critical theories historians agree contributed to the fall of Rome. Students will then work to compare the problems faced by the Romans with problems citizens of the United States still largely face today. Through this investigation, students should recognize how modern technology, government agencies, laws and resources help to solve societal problems that could have once destroyed an empire. With this new understanding, students should work to present a solution to a major problem that plagued the Roman Empire during the years leading up to its collapse.Remix Resource uses key South Carolina standards for 6th Grade Social Studies and Language ArtsOriginal Resource uses key Ohio standards for 7th Grade Social Studies and Language ArtsAuthor: Blended Learning Teacher Practice Network Date Added: 07/23/2018License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Language: English Media Format: Audio, Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
- Remix of:
- Can YOU save the Roman Empire?
- English Language Arts, History
- Middle School
- Grade 6
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Alicia Nicholson
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Audio, Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.