Take time to respond in writing to the following questions.
- What paper presentation did you find most interesting? Why?
- What have you learned during this unit about the American short story?
- What did you learn from working in groups?
- What did you learn from making and viewing presentations and papers?
Finally, answer the Guiding Questions using what you've learned during the unit to inform your answers.
- If you were to write a short story about this decade, what issues might you focus on?
- What defines a short story? Just length?
- To what extent do these stories reflect the era or decade in which they were written?
- To what extent are the themes they address universal?
When you finish responding to these questions, submit your writing to your teacher.