Students have an opportunity to review their own work on the Self Check in the previous lesson, consider feedback that addresses specific aspects of their work, examine a different approach to the problem from the Self Check, and then use what they learned to solve a closely related problem.
Students reflect on their work, review and critique student work on the same problem, and then apply their learning to solve a similar problem.
Goals and Learning Objectives
- Use teacher comments to refine their solution strategies for a proportional relationship problem
- Deepen their understanding of proportional relationships.
- Synthesize and connect strategies for representing and investigating proportional relationships.
- Critique given student work involving proportional relationships.
- Apply deepened understanding of proportional relationships to a new problem situation.