- These introductory plans will springboard students into the fictional text, Night of the Twister. This modified text, and informational PowerPoint featuring four natural disasters, was inspired by a real event that happened in Nebraska in 1980. The modified text was created using more simplistic language while keeping the main idea intact. Students will recount events and analyze characteristics that define natural disasters, while answering the overarching unit question: How do natural disasters impact us? This set of lessons is intended to span between 5-10 instructional periods and will also set the stage for specific learning structures and routines. Students will use response strategies to identify how nature can impact us. Through reading and discussion, students will cite key details and make inferences based evidence that support the main idea of portions of the text read. Included are examples of text dependent questions and sample questions to guide instruction. Contained in this plan are day-by-day lessons.
- Elementary Education, Special Education
- Upper Primary
- Grade 4, Grade 5
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Lisa Johnson, Nancy Schmitt, MSDE Admin
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Interactive, Video
No evaluations yet.