- In 2016, Oxford Dictionaries chose "post-truth" as the word of the year. As literacy has shifted from published hardcopy to an online landscape, it is more important than ever to engage and empower students in navigating the complicated battleground of fake news verses responsible, fact-based news. In this multi-day lesson, students will 1) examine terms associated with “fake news” and evaluate sources for their reliability and authenticity, and 2) develop a set of norms for responsible use of online news sources that spans academic and personal interaction with media.Cover image: "Fake news" by pixel2013 from Pixabay.com
- Information Science, Electronic Technology
- High School
- Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- MSDE Admin, Alyssa King
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States
- Media Format:
- Audio, Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Video
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.