- In this problem-based learning module, students will explore the importance of sleep and the impact sleep has on their lives. During the launch phase students can choose to record sleep data via downloaded apps or in a sleep diary. Days 2 through 4 have students explore the concept and necessity of living organisms need to sleep. On day 2 the participants will take a series of cognitive test for baseline data. Through station rotation and a jigsaw activity learners will become familiar with circadian rhythm and sleeping disorders. Finally, days 5-7 have the students produce a video or infographic to communicate the importance of sleep and its relationship to performance both physically and academically.
- English Language Arts, Life Science, Mathematics
- Middle School
- Grade 7, Grade 8
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Blended Learning Teacher Practice Network
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Interactive, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.