- In this problem-based learning unit, the Class will discuss what it means to be empathetic. Then, situations in which empathy is necessary will be role played. Students will then roll 2 dice, one die will determine their audience and the other die will determine the task they are to create a solution to. Sample audience and tasks include creating a tool to access an out of reach object for a child, vision impaired, or person in a wheelchair. Students will hand draw prototypes and then utilize a free online 3D modeling application to design their solutions for sharing.
- Electronic Technology, English Language Arts
- Middle School
- Grade 7, Grade 8
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Blended Learning Teacher Practice Network
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Mobile, Text/HTML, Other
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.