- During this problem-based learning unit, students will explore dystopian societies of past and in short stories in order to identify dystopian elements in today’s society. In turn, students will have a choice between multiple product outputs in which they will apply what they have learned to modern day life and provide ideas of how to improve our society by combating these dystopian elements.*Students will need some prior knowledge of Nazi Germany, Civil Rights America in 1930’s, Present Day China, and Sierra Leone in order to make connections to why these societies have dystopian elements.
- English Language Arts, History
- Middle School
- Grade 7, Grade 8
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Blended Learning Teacher Practice Network
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0
- Media Format:
- Audio, Downloadable docs, Interactive
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.