- The cost of college should never discourage anyone from going after a valuable degree. –Arne Duncan, former United States Secretary of EducationLEARNING OBJECTIVESBy the end of this section, you will be able to:Establish financial goalsIdentify strategies for creating and maintaining a budgetDescribe available options for paying for collegeDescribe the benefits and risks of creditDevelop financial literacy skills to prepare for your financial future
- Education, Higher Education
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Heather Syrett, Laura Lucas
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
This OER is a collection of chapters (download separately) that create one whole course Textbook. There is a combination of embedded videos, assessments, and activities in each chapter and does a great job of thoroughly exploring each chapter topic area. If you are thinking of remixing this OER, pay attention to the licenses of each chapter because they are not all the same (see above). The structure and layout of these chapters are highly curated and easy to navigate. This OER covers 90% of the course content from our PERG 120 syllabus. One may choose to supplement activities and content from their personal collection, but overall this is an excellent OER for college success courses and I can definitely see myself using it in my future courses.