- Diversity: the art of thinking independently together. —Malcolm Forbes, entrepreneur, founder of Forbes magazineLEARNING OBJECTIVESBy the end of this section, you will be able to:Define diversity and identify many aspects of diversityDifferentiate between surface diversity and deep diversity, and explain the relationship between the twoDefine and apply principles of cultural competencyExplore the positive effects of diversity in an educational settingDefine accessibility and identify implications of accessibility on campus and in communitiesIdentify strategies for responding to instances of prejudice and hate
- Education, Higher Education
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Heather Syrett, Laura Lucas
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
This OER is a collection of chapters (download separately) that create one whole course Textbook. There is a combination of embedded videos, assessments, and activities in each chapter and does a great job of thoroughly exploring each chapter topic area. If you are thinking of remixing this OER, pay attention to the licenses of each chapter because they are not all the same (see above). The structure and layout of these chapters are highly curated and easy to navigate. This OER covers 90% of the course content from our PERG 120 syllabus. One may choose to supplement activities and content from their personal collection, but overall this is an excellent OER for college success courses and I can definitely see myself using it in my future courses.