- Being in control of your life and having realistic expectations about your day-to-day challenges are the keys to stress management, which is perhaps the most important ingredient to living a happy, healthy and rewarding life. —Marilu Henner, actressLEARNING OBJECTIVESBy the end of this section, you will be able to:Explore practices for ensuring mental health and emotional balance in your lifeIdentify sources, symptoms, and strategies for managing stressIdentify techniques for developing and maintaining healthy eating habitsDescribe the major risks of an unhealthy diet and the benefits of healthy eatingIdentify the benefits of regular exercise, for both body and brainIdentify the benefits of sleep for physical and mental healthExplain what substance use and abuse is and identify the warning signs that help may be neededIdentify sexually healthy behaviors, including protecting against unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseaseIdentify the risks of sexual assault, including date rape, and where to go for helpDefine and practice safety consciousness
- Education, Higher Education
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Laura Lucas, Heather Syrett
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.