Chapter 10: Active Listening in the ClassroomStudent View (Opens in new window)
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Explain why regular class attendance class is important.
- Understand the stages of the listening process.
- Identify effective listening strategies.
- Identify effective participation strategies.
- Identify strategies for obtaining content from a class you missed.
- Evaluate different teaching styles and how your personal learning style fit with each.
- Define active learning.
CommentsLog in to add comments.
This OER is a collection of chapters (download separately) that create one whole course Textbook. There is a combination of embedded videos, assessments, and activities in each chapter and does a great job of thoroughly exploring each chapter topic area. If you are thinking of remixing this OER, pay attention to the licenses of each chapter because they are not all the same (see above). The structure and layout of these chapters are highly curated and easy to navigate. This OER covers 90% of the course content from our PERG 120 syllabus. One may choose to supplement activities and content from their personal collection, but overall this is an excellent OER for college success courses and I can definitely see myself using it in my future courses.