- LEARNING OBJECTIVESBy the end of this section, you will be able to:Define critical thinkingDescribe the role that logic plays in critical thinkingDescribe how critical thinking skills can be used to evaluate informationApply the CRAAP test to evaluate sources of informationIdentify strategies for developing yourself as a critical thinkerIdentify applications in education and one's career where creative thinking is relevant and beneficialExplore key elements and stages in the creative processApply specific skills for stimulating creative perspectives and innovative options Integrate critical and creative thinking in the process of problem-solving
- Education, Higher Education
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Laura Lucas, Tobin Quereau, Heather Syrett
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
This OER is a collection of chapters (download separately) that create one whole course Textbook. There is a combination of embedded videos, assessments, and activities in each chapter and does a great job of thoroughly exploring each chapter topic area. If you are thinking of remixing this OER, pay attention to the licenses of each chapter because they are not all the same (see above). The structure and layout of these chapters are highly curated and easy to navigate. This OER covers 90% of the course content from our PERG 120 syllabus. One may choose to supplement activities and content from their personal collection, but overall this is an excellent OER for college success courses and I can definitely see myself using it in my future courses.