- LEARNING OBJECTIVESBy the end of this chapter, you will be able to:Define thinking and thoughtDescribe metacognition and how it applies to your learningIdentify the stages of the learning processDefine learning objectivesUse Bloom’s taxonomy to interpret learning objectives and adjust your expectations accordinglyExplain the model of strategic learningIt is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. —Aristotle, Greek philosopher
- Education, Higher Education
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Heather Syrett, Laura Lucas
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
This OER is a collection of chapters (download separately) that create one whole course Textbook. There is a combination of embedded videos, assessments, and activities in each chapter and does a great job of thoroughly exploring each chapter topic area. If you are thinking of remixing this OER, pay attention to the licenses of each chapter because they are not all the same (see above). The structure and layout of these chapters are highly curated and easy to navigate. This OER covers 90% of the course content from our PERG 120 syllabus. One may choose to supplement activities and content from their personal collection, but overall this is an excellent OER for college success courses and I can definitely see myself using it in my future courses.