Students use ratio cards to find equivalencies and form partnerships for the week. As a class, students discuss and decide on classroom norms.
Give each student a ratio card. Instruct students to find a classmate whose card has a ratio that is equivalent to theirs. Classmates with equivalent ratios are now partners for the week. With the class, discuss and decide on classroom norms, or rules. Tell students how to access the application they will use this year.
Students understand that ratio relationships are multiplicative. They use ratio tables to show ratio relationships.
Goals and Learning Objectives
- Distinguish between ratio tables and tables that do no show equivalent ratios.
- Understand how ratio tables are used to solve ratio problems.
- Use the basic features of the application.
- Create and understand the classroom norms.
- Use mathematical reasoning to justify an answer.