- Geospatial data analysis is a growing field in science with practical applications in government and industry. This problem-based learning module guides learners through exploring the relationship between the amount of trash found relative to the location of waste receptacles in their community. Recording the location of identified items of trash/recyclables and placing them on a map allows students to identify if there is a correlation between the amount of trash and the distance away from waste receptacles. While this module uses trash, almost any item can be tracked and plotted for analysis. Some other ideas were: locations of Pokemon in Pokemon Go, animal migration, safety devices, various plant species, texting and driving are just a few examples.
- English Language Arts, Mathematics
- Middle School
- Grade 7, Grade 8
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Blended Learning Teacher Practice Network
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0
- Media Format:
- Audio, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.