See, Think and Wonder Activity
SEE - Make observations about an image.
1. Get a piece of paper and something to write with.
2. Silently, on your own, look at this image and simply write down all of the words you can think of to describe what you CAN see. Do this for 60-90 seconds
3. Share your words/ideas with an elbow partner. Compare lists to find 2 important similarities. Be ready to share these with the whole class.
THINK - Discuss and record your thoughts regarding this image
1. Take 60-90 seconds to answer this question...What does this image make you think about? Record your thoughts on the same piece of paper or electronically.
2. Discuss with your partner what the image makes you think about. Listen for similarities.
WONDER - Thinking of questions to ask.
1. After observing and thinking for a minute...what do you wonder about when looking at this image. Go beyond what you see and have thought about. One thing I wonder about is how old the person is in the photo. What does this image make you wonder?
2. Flip the paper over that you've been writing on. On the back of the paper, jot down what you come up with. Take 60-90 seconds to do this. Refer back to your observations and thoughts if necessary.
Reflect on this process. First, you simply observed what you saw. Next, you were asked what the photo makes you think about. Finally, you were challenged to wonder about the photo.
Review the words that you have written down. Can you put a plan together to research a topic or idea from this exercise?
Circle/Highlight one word or phrase from your documentation that "could" be a good 4-5 day research project that you would be interested in.
Post your potential research question to a page on your website. Your question will be approved or modified before class tomorrow.