Creating an E-Portfolio - Mobile
You will provide the learner(s) with the context required create an e-portfolio to use the workforce The learners will be reflecting among themselves to identify the experiences, character traits, goals and objectives that are closest to them. They will use these items that they have identified and look towards creating an interactive medium. They will look for you on feedback to improve the interactive medium that they have created, to see if it's relevant to the learners or not. You will have to be familiar with the Padlet platform
Instructors will have to go through the idea of understanding the following area.
- Professional documentation for job search: what is the difference between a resume, cover letter, eportfolio, etc.
- Common topic included on an eportfolio: What should be included on a portfolio? What should not be included on a portfolio? Why not?
- What are hiring mangers looking for in an employee: Technical Skills, Interpersonal Skills, 21st century skills, education, leadership
- How to connect the applicant's experience to the job description: keywords, relationship between what you've done and what you want to do.
Understanding what is in an eportfolio
Ask the students to watch this video to understand what can be included in an eportfolio.
Then explain the following:
•When preparing to apply for a job, the company needs information about you. There are several different things they may require. You may or may not have heard of these items .
It may seem confusing but there is a way to simplify the process. You cant create a character profile that will highlight important traits, achievements and interests about you. You may then use this profile as your point of reference for job applications.
Watch the video on eportfolios
Create a profile
Learners will wach videos to learn how to use Padlet.
Have the learner to choose a character page. On the page, the learner(s) will answer questions related to employment, education hobbies etc. Answers are hypothetical. The purpose of this assignment ti practice creating a pofile online.
Remind learners not to include any information that they do not want to be made public to the world wide web. Reserve sensitive information for document such as resume, cover letter, or interview.
Here is an example of how to use Padlet. After watching the video, following a link to complete the information for a chracter. You will used the character you create as the basis for an eportfolio.
Think about about what you believe it takes to get thejob that you want. Describe the ideal traits your character should have to attain the job:
- Work Experience
Once you have an idea of who you want this charcter to be, leave an answer for each of the questions on one the precreated profiles:
Charlie - Medical Field
Find a job
Have students locate a job from the Padlet Job Board. Jobs can be created an changed by Instructor as desired.
Afterwards have student(s) complete reflective assignment.
Provide the learners some time to think about what they want in life, their goals can be extrinsic or intrinsic depending on their different needs that they have. Motivate them to have a goal and purpose in life. From there, guide them to believe that they have a goal and purpose in life.
Now, using the Job Board on padlet, cast your vote for which job you believe would best fit the character profile job descriptions. Thumbs up (yes) for prefered job.
For the reflection, responses shoul dbe at least 3-5 sentences. The goal is to expose them to different ways in whic skills and traits are described and interpreted by employers, not critque their profile.
Provide feedback and support as needed.
Once complete, compare and contrast the character profile with the chosen job description by answering the following questions
- How does profile differ from description?
- How is profile similar to description?
- Is there a part of the profile that is difficult to interpret?
- Does this person qualify for the job?
- Is the person over qualified? / Should the person seek a higher-level position?
- Can Charlie better match the description? If so, what changes would need to be made in Charlie’s life?