- This seminar focuses on the media and their intended audiences. Being able to identify persuasive techniques is essential, but knowing whom those techniques are aimed at is especially important for consumers. Maybe the audience is you, your parents, or a particular group, such as athletes or the elderly. In this seminar, you will practice identifying the targeted audience in various commercials and campaigns, so you are better prepared to make smart consumer decisions. StandardsCC.1.2.9-10.DDetermine an author’s particular point of view and analyze how rhetoric advances the point of view.CC.1.2.9-10.HDelineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing the validity of reasoning and relevance of evidence.CC.1.2.9-10.FAnalyze how words and phrases shape meaning and tone in texts.
- English Language Arts
- High School
- Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Bonnie Waltz, Deanna Mayers, Tracy Rains
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Interactive, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.