- The human genome project was one the most important human discoveries in the past 100 years. It creates a map of every gene in the human body. Through this lesson you will explore the history of the genome project, its applications today, and implications for your life. In addition, you will reflect on its impact on your life and determine if you think this is a positive or negative change. Based on your understanding, you will look at different perspectives with empathy to better understand how this technology impacts other people's lives.StandardsBIO.B.2.4Explain how genetic engineering has impacted the fields of medicine, forensics, and agriculture (e.g., selective breeding, gene splicing, cloning, genetically modified organisms, gene therapy).
- Life Science, Biology
- High School
- Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Bonnie Waltz, Deanna Mayers, Tracy Rains
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Interactive, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.