- This course is an OER section developed by Dr. Ara Kahyaoglu for Bergen Community College. The primary text was developed for the Saylor Academy and is modified to better serve the course objectives for BCC students.Chapter 2, selected pages are included in the attached file2.1 Expressing NumbersLearning Objective: Learn to express numbers properly2.2 Expressing UnitsLearning ObjectivesLearn the units that go with various quantities.Express units using their abbreviations.Make new units by combining numerical prefixes with units2.3 Significant FiguresLearning ObjectivesApply the concept of significant figures to limit a measurement to the proper number of digits.Recognize the number of significant figures in a given quantity.Limit mathematical results to the proper number of significant figures.2.4 Converting UnitsLearning ObjectiveConvert from one unit to another unit of the same type.2.5 Other Units: Temperature and DensityLearning ObjectivesLearn about the various temperature scales that are commonly used in chemistry.Define density and use it as a conversion factor.
- Remix of:
- Chemistry 100 - Chapter 2 - Measurements
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Ara Kahyaoglu
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.