- In this course, we will study resilience and well-being to prevent burnout, traumatic stress, and compassion fatigue for social services and mental health professionals, healthcare providers, emergency first responders, and other relationship-intense occupations.We will explore the causes, symptoms, and effects of traumatic stress, burnout, compassion fatigue, and other work-related stress, with a keen focus on enhancing quality of life and improving a healthy lifestyle by incorporating evidence-based practices in psychological and emotional resilience training, cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness, positive psychology, prevention, peer support, and self-care, including nutrition, exercise, and sleep. Finally, we will explore strategies that function as preventative medicine to help mitigate the potential harmful effects of highly stressful careers.
- Remix of:
- Open Textbooks for Rural AZ Publishing Template
- Education, Psychology
- Community College / Lower Division, Graduate / Professional
- Material Type:
- Full Course
- Micah Weedman, Karly Schauwecker
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.