Using a predefined “Robot Vocabulary” your students will figure out how to ...
Using a predefined “Robot Vocabulary” your students will figure out how to guide
one another to accomplish specific tasks without discussing them first. This
segment teaches students the connection between symbols and actions, as well
as the valuable skill of debugging. If time allows, there is an option to introduce
functions at the end of the lesson.
• Learn to convert real-world activities into instructions
• Gain practice coding instructions with symbols
• Gain understanding of the need for precision in coding
• Gain practice debugging malfunctioning code
• Understand the usefulness of functions and
parameters (grades 7+)