In this quick activity (page 1 of the PDF), learners will construct ...
In this quick activity (page 1 of the PDF), learners will construct an oboe-like instrument from a plastic drinking straw by cutting the end to split it into two loose flaps, like reeds on an oboe. Blowing hard makes a sound. Cutting the straws to different lengths provides an opportunity for learners to predict how length will affect sound. Relates to the linked video, DragonflyTV GPS: Music and Sound.
- Social Sciences
- Material Type:
- Activities and Labs
- Instructional Material
- Science and Math Informal Learning Educators (SMILE)
- Provider Set:
- SMILE Pathway: Science and Math Activities in One Search
- National Science Foundation
- Twin Cities Public Television
- Twin Cities Public Television, Inc.