Biology is designed for multi-semester biology courses for science majors. It is grounded on an evolutionary basis and includes exciting features that highlight careers in the biological sciences and everyday applications of the concepts at hand. To meet the needs of today’s instructors and students, some content has been strategically condensed while maintaining the overall scope and coverage of traditional texts for this course. Instructors can customize the book, adapting it to the approach that works best in their classroom. Biology also includes an innovative art program that incorporates critical thinking and clicker questions to help students understand—and apply—key concepts.
By the end of this section, you will be able to:Describe the organization and functions of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systemsDescribe the organization and function of the sensory-somatic nervous system
We start our look at the nervous system by looking at the divisions. We go over the central and peripheral nervous system. Looking further at the somatic nervous system and the autonomic nervous system and finally the sympathetic and parasympathetic divisions.
Lesson 9 in our Nervous System series. This is part of our Anatomy and Physiology lecture series.
If this video helps you please be sure to LST -like subscribe and tell your friends. Your support help us make more videos. For the complete series please visit http://mrfordsclass.net/
Videos in the skeletal system series:
- Introduction (10:01): http://youtu.be/HX1bsdHLC58
- Neurons (10:02): http://youtu.be/-AcQI5MQhLU
- Classification of Neurons (10:03): http://youtu.be/PoqzDE_OLsQ
- Neuroglia Cells (10:04): http://youtu.be/stqdNMc6-Jk
- Before We Start (10:08): http://youtu.be/E8K_W8c_c-M
- Divisions of the Nervous System (10:09): http://youtu.be/kEJkYkF6nMc
- Components of the Central Nervous System (10:10): http://youtu.be/IwofyN198YU
- The Cerebrum (10:11): http://youtu.be/VLt3jigsMAU
- Lobes of the Cerebrum (10:12): http://youtu.be/Zc__B_sOA-Q
- Functional Areas of the Brain (10:13): http://youtu.be/sjbZ9QGyBi8
As taught Semesters 1 and 2, 2011
This learning object explains the anatomical organisation of the parasympathetic division of the autonomic nervous system. This learning object is used as part of the level 1 Biological Sciences module delivered by the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy.
Dr Andy Meal, Lecturer in Biological Sciences, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy