This activity (page 2 of the PDF) is a full inquiry investigation ...
This activity (page 2 of the PDF) is a full inquiry investigation into how ordinary things behave in microgravity, similar to what astronauts experience. Groups of learners will prepare a large drop box, complete with wireless camera, to drop off a balcony with an everyday phenomenon (e.g. burning candle, fizzing seltzer tablet, swinging pendulum) inside. After observing the object in ordinary gravity, it is placed inside the drop box and dropped so the camera can record images during free fall for analysis. Relates to linked video, DragonflyTV: Microgravity.
- Material Type:
- Activities and Labs
- Instructional Material
- Science and Math Informal Learning Educators (SMILE)
- Provider Set:
- SMILE Pathway: Science and Math Activities in One Search
- National Science Foundation
- Twin Cities Public Television
- Twin Cities Public Television, Inc.