In this ESL module, students learn how to interview a classmate and write a profile, or short biography. The module includes reading and vocabulary lessons, listening and speaking exercises, writing practice and grammar lessons.
Presentation slides intended for use in an intermediate academic English as a Second Language (ESL) classroom. Each set of slides includes the following:
1. An introduction to the grammar point using inductive reasoning, intended for use in the classroom to complement instructor presentation. Explanations of meaning and form for each grammar point.
2. Example sentences based around a theme. The themes are listed in the title of each slide set.
3. Reference charts and lists for the grammar point.
4. Links to websites and related videos. These websites and videos have been curated for accuracy and are comprehensive.
5. Meaningful practice activities that integrate the grammar instruction with other language skills.
6. Lesson plans for a project based on the grammar presentation slides, suitable for Project Based Learning approach.
This is an intermediate integrated-skills module for English language learners. The module has three chapters on the theme "People and Places," which is equivalent to approximately 4 weeks of material for a 9 unit community college course. The module has materials to learn and practice all of the necessary language skills at the intermediate level. Academic language skills include reading, writing, listening, speaking, vocabulary, grammar, and rhetorical analysis.