Course Description: This course examines selected health issues and their physical and emotional effects on women. Examples of topics include: body image, eating disorders, reproductive life, violence, menopause, cancer, depression, heart disease, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s and the politics of women’s health.
Performance Based Learner Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
1. Identify key health issues as they relate to women.
2. Access community resources as they relate to women’s health issues.
3. Differentiate women’s chronic conditions from a treatment and prevention perspective.
4. Identity the components and influences of psychological health from a gender perspective.
5. Contrast current and historical treatment of women in the health care system.