- The following unit offers multiple entry points into developing an understanding of media literacy. The unit framework and primary sources can be integrated into classrooms of grades 4-12. Each lesson has student objectives that can be accomplished within 40 minute periods over the course of several weeks. A midpoint writing assessment, whole class capstone debate, and final independent writing assessment are included. Support materials are integrated into the lessons, and the primary source document pages can be found at the end of the unit guide.
- Information Science, Literature, Communication, Journalism, Education, Elementary Education, English Language Arts, Composition and Rhetoric, Language, Grammar and Vocabulary, Reading Foundation Skills, Reading Informational Text, Speaking and Listening, U.S. History, Statistics and Probability
- Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Case Study, Diagram/Illustration, Interactive, Lesson, Lesson Plan, Primary Source, Reading, Teaching/Learning Strategy, Unit of Study
- The Rockefeller Archive Center
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.