- Students will use a perceived weak material to construct something that is surprisingly strong.
Students can experiment with different shapes and configurations to see what holds the most weight.
The cube size is defined, what each student places within each 4x4 square, is up to them.
- Middle School, High School
- Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lesson
- John Brander
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0
- Media Format:
- Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
Achieve OERAverage Score (3 Points Possible)
|Degree of Alignment||3 (1 user)|
|Quality of Explanation of the Subject Matter||3 (1 user)|
|Utility of Materials Designed to Support Teaching||2 (1 user)|
|Quality of Assessments||2 (1 user)|
|Quality of Technological Interactivity||3 (1 user)|
|Quality of Instructional and Practice Exercises||3 (1 user)|
|Opportunities for Deeper Learning||2 (1 user)|