- In this activity, students will learn about and apply the Engineering Design Process to solve a problem. While working through the steps of the Engineering Design process they will focus on defining the criteria and constraints of a design problem, learn about scientific principles of simple machines, understand tool and machine safety, and create a prototype solution to the problem. The activity frames the problem around researching, designing, building and testing a prototype that is built with at least one simple machine that will launch a ball into a target. At end of unit students test their prototypes and present their findings of working through the process.
● Project Rubric
- Applied Science, Engineering, Career and Technical Education
- Middle School
- Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Assessment, Diagram/Illustration, Lecture Notes, Unit of Study
- Jana Bonds
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.