The Einstein Project
~ “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” - Albert Einstein
The “Einstein Project” is a framework that is designed to help you find a solution to an everyday problem that makes you passionate in your thinking and designing. This project is designed to make you think outside of the box as active learners and create solutions in uncommon ways, forget about failing or succeeding and take chances. Learn from your failures and create opportunities to succeed with the new knowledge that you have! Use the Design Thinking infographic below to help form your ideas.
Design Thinking Framework:
Einstein Project Pre-Plan
Create a “plan” to inform the class, school and general public of your chosen innovation or project. This plan should include insight into your drive and passion that has motivated you to select this project. Please use the form below.
- Using the form below as a template, develop a plan for goals identified in the project requirements.
- Create a detailed cost analysis that provides a true outline of expected cost.
- Modify the forms as needed to fit your unique project. (make a copy)
- Create a working document to share with each of the collaboration groups.
- Keep your digital portfolio journal up to date and bring it to meetings.
- Bi-weekly class meetings - groups/individuals will share successes, failures and design updates as well as provide insight based on experiences.
- Use the appropriate tools, technologies and resources to ensure success in your process.
Einstein Project Description
Enduring Understanding: What do you hope to be advanced or proficient in at the end?
Resources : Who can help you & what resources can you use?
Einstein Project Action Plan
|Action step:What will be done?||Responsibilities:Who?||Timeline:When will it be done? day/month||Resources:What do we have?What do we need?||Potential issues:What are the concerns?Proactive steps?|
|Step 1: Planning|
Einstein Project Cost Analysis
Create a list of ALL necessary items for this project:
|Quantity||Part name/material||Cost per part|