- Conceptual Chemistry is a year-long course based on CK-12 OER instructional material and supplemented with limited commercially-available materials. The course is project-based, argument-driven inquiry. Each quarter begins with presentation of an intriguing phenomenon, followed by an essential question about the phenomenon, and a project centered on answering that essential question. Throughout the quarter, students conduct research and investigations to answer portions of the question. Each unit has a student "Task" at the end that serves as an assessment of the unit's concepts. At the end of each quarter, students assemble all of the unit tasks and synthesize a personal final project that answers the essential question in a personal context chosen by the student.
- Physical Science
- High School
- Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Full Course
- Gary Thayer, Jonathan Frostad, Michael Crebbin, Malia Turner, Mackenzie Neal, Zachary Sawhill
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.