- In an effort to raise awareness of astronomical developments, I have students search newspapers or online for any recent astronomical-related story and provide a photo and a short summary of the article including why they think it is important and I ask them to identify specially which chapter of the textbook deals with their story. I do this early in the semester as a way of getting students to become more familiar with the textbook and to try to get them to become lifelong learners and be in the habit of looking for current events related to astronomy.
- High School, Community College / Lower Division
- Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Homework/Assignment, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Erik Christensen
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
- Media Format:
- Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.