- This is a 30 minute lesson where students will be able to:
1. Describe the size, composition, and motion of meteors and comets.
2. Discuss the similarities and differences in comets and meteors.
a. what happens to meteors as they fall through the atmosphere
b. why comet debris is observed as a meteor shower from the Earth
c. how the planet's gravitational forces affect a comet's orbit.
d. why we see a comet's tail.
e. why a comet disintegrates when it gets close to the sun.
- Applied Science, Physical Science
- Middle School
- Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Margaret Carrera-Bly
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.