- The intended audience includes adult learners (Grade Level D) seeking basic reading skill development. Learners will imagine that they are entering a new field of employment. They are given written information that contain new terminology specific to their occupation. Using a range of strategies, learners will determine or clarify the meaning of specific words as they are used in a specific technical context. This lesson will help learners to gain vocabulary related to an occupation of interest in order to build knowledge to prepare for a career.
- Remix of:
- Gaining technical literacy by using a range of strategies to grow vocabulary
- Career and Technical Education, English Language Arts
- Adult Education
- Material Type:
- Homework/Assignment, Lesson
- Emily Keener
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.