- During the Fall 2017 semester, Dr. Daniel Hunt participated in the Worcester State University Library OER initiative. In CM 100 Intro to Mass Communication, a free textbook was adopted which replaced a popular textbook that costs app. $120 when purchased new. Adoption of the free textbook was compared to use of the more expensive textbook in previous semesters. The results indicate that the free resource can easily be used in place of more costly mass media textbooks. Compared to previous sections of this course, it appeared that class participation increased, the quality of written assignments improved, and exam scores were higher. The results of this initiative will be shared with other faculty that teach Intro to Mass Communication.
- Business and Communication
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Daniel Hunt
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.