- This covers the implementation of database clustering through Open Source technologies. It is designed to teach the students on how to get, install and configure the required software and eventually set-up the cluster. It also provides an example on how a web application connects randomly to any database server in the cluster and still gets the same data. Through this example, high data availability solution is clearly demonstrated in the sense that if and when one database server in the cluster is down, the other database server can continue providing the needed data.
- Career and Technical Education
- College / Upper Division, Graduate / Professional, Career / Technical
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Diagram/Illustration, Lecture Notes, Module, Reading
- Gregorio dela Cruz, Jr.
- Higher College of Technology, Muscat, Oman
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.