- Emily Titterton
- Arts and Humanities
- Middle School
- Grade 7
- Material Type:
- Assessment, Full Course, Homework/Assignment, Lesson Plan, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Media Format:
- The purpose of this template is to allow the user to unpack the 7th grade visual art National Core Arts Standards (NCAS) into task-specific or task-neutral learning targets that then can be used during instruction and/or within an assessment tool like a rubric.
The Unpacking Process:
1. Take a look at the performance standard (7th grade) and pull out the nouns, or what students need to know.
2. Next pull out what students need to be able to do (the verbs).
3. Write learning targets or I can statements. When writing ask yourself, “What does this look like in student work?”