- The purpose of this template is to allow the user to unpack the National Core Arts Standards into task-specific or task-neutral learning targets that then can be used during instruction and/or within an assessment tool like a rubric.
The Unpacking Process:
1. Take a look at the performance standard* and pull out the nouns, or what students need to know.
2. Next pull out what students need to be able to do (the verbs).
3. Write learning targets or I can statements. When writing ask yourself, “What does this look like in student work?”
*Grade level Performance Standards or Indicators will need to be added to the template prior to the first step. This is a blank template.
- Arts and Humanities
- Material Type:
- Assessment, Full Course, Homework/Assignment, Student Guide, Syllabus, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Emily Titterton
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.