- In this lesson, students will distinguish the literal and non-literal meanings of verbal and written content in different contexts. The lesson targets adult learners of English who have demonstrated Grades 3- 4 or B-C reading level. Learners will demonstrate an understanding of idioms by using context clues in the sentences to help figure out the meanings of idioms, by drawing out idioms without using words or letters, by giving written tips using idioms, by creating greeting cards, and by using a mobile app to share idioms from other languages
- Remix of:
- Literal and Non-literal Meanings of Words and Idioms
- English Language Arts
- Upper Primary
- Grade 3, Grade 4
- Material Type:
- Assessment, Diagram/Illustration, Homework/Assignment, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Becky Parton
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.